Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today is Good...

It's time for a happy blog...It seems that I only blog when I'm struggling, pissed off or sad but today I am happy happy happy...I would have never imagined the excellant report I received from my doctor this morning...As most of you know I'm diabetic and he said at the rate that I am bringing my levels down that it is very possible that I will be able to come off the meds and become a non-diabetic...Holy shit...All of my blood work was great and the few areas that I constantly struggle with are coming down rapidly but not quite in the "normal" range...Hmmmm, The last thing I want to be is NORMAL! ...lol... My blood pressure was perfect, urine, the risky blood factors have dropped AND I had made him take a CA-125 which will show ANY type of uterine or ovarian cancers and it was non-exsistant...that was my main worry after losing Patty to that horrible decease...My mammo was fine too...Last year they called me back for an ultrasound and scared the shit outta me but all is well in that department too...WHOOOOO HOOOOO
Now if I can just quit smoking...cigarettes...I was in the beginning stages of Emphasema a year and a half ago...I cut back to 1/2 pack a day but need to stop completely as it makes me cough all night long...The hardest addictive behavior I've ever tried to break...I keep on trying to quit but never succeed...The longest I've quit in 46 years is 3 weeks...I'm thinking of going back on the patches...I've tried every prescription drug there is with no good results...
Still haven't gotten my pap and bone density test back but am hoping they are as good as the rest...My gyn put me on 1200mg of Calcium a day and I already take 2000mg of vitamin D3 but my regular Dr said that even my Vitamin D is way better...(it seems to help when you take your pills...lol)
I know so many of you are against perscription drugs or drugs of any kind...It has taken me literally years to get the combinations right but finally they are and it works for me...
I'll never be a vegan because I like  my beef, fish, chicken and pork but have cut quanities in half and don't eat them often...
Well, that's about it...I feel that I'm swinging into a new lifestyle and changes are coming...Good changes...My doctor has been with me for 30 years so he know me inside out and for him to say that he still is amazed by what I've done and can to once I set my mind to it...I told him when he first dianosed me with Diabetes that I would and have, changed it...For a minute I am proud of me...That doesn't come often or easily as I am usually my own worse enemy...Down on myself for my entire life...Time to look up Vic!

No comments:

Post a Comment