Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Stranger Than Strange

I know ya'll are waiting for me to blog about Patty and my trip out west but be patient...I've had too much going on and if you follow me on FB, you know why...I will blog my trip when I am able to give it the love and time that it deserves...It wasn't a "pleasure" trip, but was the trip of a lifetime and there was pleasure as well as heartache...
    Today I have to blog about something unusual that happened to me during the course of my brothers funeral...On day 2 as a familier looking man approached me, I stood up to receive his hug and condolences...He said, "You know who I am right?"  I said, "of course I know who you are." The second he left the room David, (my son/dad) who was sitting behind me wanted to know who that was..."I haven't a clue" I told him...It took me until the next day to remember who this familiar face was...It is a guy who lives directly across the street from me...We had intoduced ourselves, first names only, when we moved into this house 3 1/2 years ago...I forgot his name almost immediately but continued to say hi and wave when we would meet at the mailbox or were outside...He had remembered my name...
     Sooooo, nosey David (my son/dad) sees him out the next day...I am out shopping...David asks him how he knows my brother...He said, "I was your moms first boyfriend."  WHAT??? Yes, my first boyfriend, I was 14 and he was 15 and he lived in Detroit and I lived in Livonia about 10 miles apart...He would take buses, hitchhike, catch rides, however he could to get to my house almost every day...He was always very respectful and I can remember us talking for hours on end about all kinds of things...We had kissed but never went any farther...Then came the day that my mom realized that he was from Detroit and kicked him out on the spot...He had no way home but she didn't care, she forbid him from ever speaking to me again...We have lived across the street from one another now for over 3 years and I have never realized it was him...I haven't seen him outside since the funeral home but when I do, I will tell him that now I REALLY know who he is...My first love, short but sweet...Wow
...44years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment