Friday, November 4, 2011

Taking a Tumble

I need to get this off of my mind as it is eating away at me...
Several days ago, as some of you already know, I fell going down my front steps...Missed the last 3 completely and landed on my elbows and knees, somehow also hitting the TOPS of my ankles on the way down...I though I'd broken my left ankle...But here is where I'm going with this...
David was behind me, the door already locked behind him and me laying on the driveway with the only keys...What I heard was chilling and now makes me cry...My David was SCREAMING. "Oh my fucking God!" I heard him say it 3 times before my voice would kick in...The pain in his voice TOLD me he thought I was dead...My brain was telling me to TELL him I was ok, but I opened my mouth and nothing came out. I wasn't sure if I was "ok" but at least I knew I was alive...I was probably in a slight shock, I don't know...I am so sorry David, to scare you like that...It wasn't until he started beating on the front door like a madman to get his dad that my voice would work...Bennie came out and I weakly said, "I'm ok but I just want to lay here." Bennie said, "Vic, you can't just lay here in the rain." But I did, and then finally got the nerve to move and David helped me get up...But what a terrible thing to witness...which brings to mind the reason that I've ALWAYS hated following behind them on their bikes or following the pack...I'm scared they will go down in front of me...
Anyway, we've all had a good laugh about it and David told me it was the most slow motion fall he'd ever seen and that if it had been anyone but me he would have laughed... But in retrospect in was really very sad...My fall hurt David more than me and I wouldn't hurt him for anything...Love you babe...

No comments:

Post a Comment