Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ohhhh PUNkin!!!

I'm extremely stressed out today and sooooo, I'm going to share the story of my pumpkin...I haven't been able to carve in several years because of a bad shoulder, hands and wrists BUT I LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds...Well...I was at one of my favorite markets and for several days I kept going back and looking at this one deranged looking pumpkin...Had never seen anything like it before, was called a "peanut" pumpkin...It had nasty loooking "warts" all over it and immediately I could see that "her" nose was on the side of her head and she had these "eyes and lips"...

Ok, you're going home with me Ms. Putrid...I'ma gonna paint you up...I was also anxious to see if her seeds were the same as "regular" pumpkins...Paint her up then take her guts and roast them...Well. I'm going to show you a pic of how she "turned out"...A 3 year old could have done a better job but I really just wanted her seeds anyway...

                                                                      Her Nose...
                                                               succulant lips...lol
So, I lug her to the kitchen to make a hole in her just big enough to fit my hand in and pulled seeds...1st. The electric knife...HA! wouldn't even make a dent...Next, a sharp serated knife...Nope, all I'm gonna do is end up cutting a finger off...A butcher knife...Another sharp instrument that I shouldn't be allowed to use...;-)
If I stabbed her with it I could wriggle it down a LITTLE bit but it was killing my wrist...Pull out a dozen or so actual pumpkin carving tools....Tried everyone of them...This is going on an hour now...So, being the calm and collected person that I am I went and got my CLAW hammer and Clawed at her like a mad woman until I won...She was a thick skinned bitch, just like her owner...I didn't take pics of the process because by the time I was done and had the seeds soaking I was pissed of, sore and tired...But they were delish, been munching on them when I want to smoke...And yes still smoking, but not much...Why can't I just "put 'em down!?!"
So, I posted some pics of the pumpkins I picked up yesterday, just for their seeds only this time hubby took them out to the deck so that when I go ballistic on them, they won't splatter all over the kitchen...(and THAT pissed me off too! lol)
My next victims...

Good luck to me and I will try to be patient enough time time to photograph the process...Thanks for stopping by...Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment